Just Published by Fisher King Press:
The Dream and Its Amplification
Erel Shalit & Nancy Swift Furlotti (eds.)
The Dream and Its Amplification is now available for shipping.
Fourteen Jungian Analysts from around the world have contributed chapters to this book on areas of special interest to them in their work with dreams. This offers the seasoned dream worker as well as the novice great insight into the meaning of the dream and its amplification.
The Dream and Its Amplification unveils the language of the psyche that speaks to us in our dreams. We all dream at least 4-6 times each night yet remember very few. Those that rise to the surface of our conscious awareness beckon to be understood, like a letter addressed to us that arrives by post. Why would we not open it? The difficulty is in understanding what the dream symbols and images mean.
Through amplification, C. G. Jung formulated a method of unveiling the deeper meaning of symbolic images. This becomes particularly important when the image does not carry a personal meaning or significance and is not part of a person's everyday life.
Contents and Contributors
- The Amplified World of Dreams - Erel Shalit and Nancy Swift Furlotti
- Pane e’ Vino: Learning to Discern the Objective, Archetypal Nature of Dreams - Michael Conforti
- Amplification: A Personal Narrative - Thomas Singer
- Redeeming the Feminine: Eros and the World Soul - Nancy Qualls-Corbett
- Wild Cats and Crowned Snakes: Archetypal Agents of Feminine Initiation - Nancy Swift Furlotti
- A Dream in Arcadia - Christian Gaillard
- Muse of the Moon: Poetry from the Dreamtime - Naomi Ruth Lowinsky
- Dreaming the Face of the Earth: Myth, Culture, and Dreams of the Mayan Shaman -Kenneth Kimmel
- Coal or Gold? The Symbolic Understanding of Alpine Legends - Gotthilf Isler
- Sophia’s Dreaming Body: The Night Sky as Alchemical Mirror - Monika Wikmam
- The Dream Always Follows the Mouth: Jewish Approaches to Dreaming - Henry Abramovitch
- Bi-Polarity, Compensation, and the Transcendent Function in Dreams and Visionary Experience: A Jungian Examination of Boehme’s Mandala - Kathryn Madden
- The Dream As Gnostic Myth - Ronald Schenk
- Four Hands in the Crossroads: Amplification in Times of Crisis - Erel Shalit
- Dreams and Sudden Death - Gilda Frantz
Paperback: 230 pages (Large Page Format 9.25" x 7.5")
Publisher: Fisher King Press; 1st edition (June 15, 2013)